The Travels of Tug 44

Erie Canal - Old Lock 12
Cohoes, NY

Lock 12 was built in 1842 as part of the Enlarged Erie Canal. Most of the lock is now located underneath a firehouse, but a short section of two walls remain on a hillside to the south.

Erie Canal   -   Champlain Canal   -   Hudson River   -   Canal History

  Lighthouses   -   Canal Corp Boats   -   Tugboats & Trawlers

Tug 44 Home Page