The Travels of Tug 44

Cambridge Covered Foot Bridge
Cambridge, NY

By the side of West Main Street in Cambridge NY is this little cutie, a 23 foot long Footbridge, built in 1890 to provide a short cut over Owl Kill Creek for workers at the nearby Rice Seed Company factory. The little bridge has built-in park benches in the middle and looks like a nice spot to take a date.

This view of the Cambridge Covered Footbridge shows the little creek it spans. The bridge is now surrounded by Varak Park. The bridge is also known as the Asgrow Gardens Bridge.

Erie Canal   -   Champlain Canal   -   Hudson River   -   Canal History

  Lighthouses   -   Canal Corp Boats   -   Tugboats & Trawlers

Tug 44 Home Page