The Travels of Tug 44

Tug W.O. Decker

Tug W.O. Decker, seen here at the 2006 Waterford Tugboat Roundup, was built in 1930. She is 52 feet long, 15 feet wide, with a draft of 5' 6". Originally steam powered, she now has a small 175 horsepower diesel. This wooden boat is now owned by the South Street Seaport Museum, and is still used for waterfront chores at South Street and is available for charters. Photo by Jennifer of Tug National.

See the South Street Seaport Museum's website at:

Erie Canal   -   Champlain Canal   -   Hudson River   -   Canal History

  Lighthouses   -   Canal Corp Boats   -   Tugboats & Trawlers

Tug 44 Home Page